Fall Under New Zealand's Spell
Where to start? In addition to gorgeous surrounding coastal landscapes that offer water lovers an amazing playground, New Zealand has a varied landscape with a collection of green lush forests, vineyards, rich farmlands, olive groves, and so much more! So no matter what type of holiday you wish to make, New Zealand is the ideal location for you to host a relaxing getaway, an action-packed adventure, or a trip that encompasses both.
No matter what plans you make while in New Zealand, one aspect that you will surely fall in love with is the breath-taking scenery.
Whether it is the city destinations, open plains of farmlands, or the varying degrees of heights of its protruding mountainous landscapes, New Zealand is bountiful in presenting the best of Mother Nature.
Winter poses the ideal snow playground for ski enthusiasts, while offering the perfect destination to soak in picturesque views of snow covered mountain peaks, rivers, and creeks.
Summer time sees the landscapes open up and provide awe inspiring settings with the lands boasting life and colour.
1: Cardrona, New Zealand
2: Lake Wanaka, Otago
3: Mount Cook, Canterbury
Don't Like to Sit Still?
Hit the ground running (or walking!) and indulge in the surrounding landscapes by enjoying the pristine and picturesque environments of the many national parks on offer.
Soak in the refreshing atmosphere and fall in love with the natural and unspoilt beauty along your journey.
So don't forget to add one (or more) of there national parks to your itinerary and delve into the simplicity, yet captivating, outdoor setting.
- Abel Tasman
- Aoraki / Mount Cook
- Arthur's Pass
- Mount Aspiring
- Nelson Lakes
- Rakiura National Park
- Westland Tai Poutini
- Te Urewera
The Perfect Snow Playground
If boxes, super pipes, and rails is more your language, then you will instantly fall in love with the many snow playgrounds teeming with opportunities for snowboarders to indulge in some snow fun.
Carve it up at Coronet Peak, Ohau, Cardrona, Treble Cone, Mt Ruapehu, Mt Hutt, Mt Lyford, Turoa, or Porter Heights - these are just to name a few.
If you love to hit the slopes for a fast paced ski journey or prefer to indulge in a leisurely cruise down a trail, New Zealand offers a smorgasbord of choice for snow activities.
Serving up the perfect conditions for skiing, snowshoeing, heliskiing, and snowboarding, all snow enthusiasts can delve deep into creating an action-packed getaway.
Boasting a well renowned international reputation for its alpine landscapes and catering to all levels of experience, New Zealand attracts plenty of winter holiday makers. So join in the fun and add a snow adventure to your 'must-do' list.
Magnificent Creatures of Nature
Photos don't do these magnificent and majestic creatures justice. So consider embarking on a whale watching adventure and discover a hidden treasure of the ocean.
Sharing the open waters with a creature that offers a wondrous visual spectacle with its casual exploration of its underwater world, is both an intense and enthralling experience.
Your whale watching adventure will also take you on an alluring journey with the opportunity to observe a range of captivating ocean wildlife that include:
- Dusky Dolphins
- New Zealand Fur Seals
- Southern Right Whales
- Pilot Whales
- Blue Whales
- Humpback Whales
Sea birds are also on the list of animals to keep an eye out for, so don't forget to scan the open skies to capture an Albatross, Petrel, or Shearwater riding the air waves above.
Top Tip: Kaikoura is top choice for engaging in a whale watching adventure. Contact Whale Watch Kaikoura Ltd for more information on +64 3 319 6767.
A Sample of Things to Do!
To entice you with ideas for things you can experience and explore, we have decided to offer a snippet of what you can achieve within just the Auckland region of New Zealand.
- Experience the thrill of climbing and / or bungy jumping from the Auckland Harbour Bridge. This is one activity that is ideal for the extreme adrenalin lovers to those that are more comfortable with keeping their feet firmly planted on the Bridge.
- Enjoy a relaxing sail or a heart-pumping jet boat ride on the Waitemata Harbour.
- Be amazed by the interesting and fun loving animals at the Auckland Zoo and have a great family day out.
- Visit the Auckland Museum and delve into history. Be amazed by the comprehensive Maori and Pacific Island Collection.
- Glenfern Sanctuary is located on Great Barrier Island and offers the chance to see threatened and endangered species thriving in their natural habitat.
- Mountain bike or quad bike in Woodhill Forest and experience an adventurous and fantastic outdoor activity.
- Take a scenic flight from one of the many tour operators available and experience Auckland from a bird's eye view. If you want to be adventurous and take a different route back to the ground - then why not explore your sky diving options?
- Waitakere Ranges presents nature in all its beauty with waterfalls, defined and intriguing landscapes, captivating wildlife, and black sandy beaches.
- If you want to expand your skill set, then learn to surf on Muriwai Beach. This beach is a great location for beginners and experienced surfers.
- Add wine tasting to your travel plans! Ransom Wines, Brick Bay Wines and Sculpture Trail, The Goldie Room, Mudbrick Vineyard and Restaurant, and so many more are on offer. Each has their own unique cellar collection and many do offer additional aspects to their wineries from art and architecture to restaurants and cafés.
- For the laid back adventure, explore the tranquil gardens of Helensville, relax on the Harbour of Kaipara, or immerse yourself in the hot pools.
- If you really want to relax and not do any of the planning, then partake in an organised half or full day tour. From food and wine tasting, to scenic flights and cruises, there is an array of tours to select from with something for everyone.
Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Tantalise your taste buds and enjoy the delights of the local cuisine at one of the many award winning restaurants of New Zealand. If you love fine dining then you cannot go past Clooney, and for smart dining it has to be Cibo. The French Café tops the list for the best beverage menu, and if a casual bistro environment is preferred then Depot Eatery & Oyster Bar is for you.
Take your love of food to new heights by visiting Auckland's Sky Tower. With a height of 328 metres, this tower is the tallest in New Zealand and provides visitors the opportunity to take in panoramic views of the region. Enjoy a meal or light refreshment and experience a new level of dining!
New Zealand's food and wine locations are endless. There are varied restaurants, bars, and cafes that each have their own unique menus, signature dishes, and dining atmospheres dotted all throughout this spectacular location.
Travelling By Road?
If the open road and all its intriguing landscapes are calling to you, then hiring a car is a top choice to aid in ticking off all on your to-do list. From exploring new destinations to embarking on a journey of discovery and fun, you will find renting a car provides you with a greater flexibility for getting out and about at your own pace.
- Palmerston North - Airport
- New Plymouth
- Napier - Airport
- Whangarei - Airport
- Blenheim - Airport
- Wellington - Airport
- Whakatane - Airport
- Wanganui - Airport
- Rotorua - Airport
- Kerikeri - Airport
- New Plymouth - Airport
- Queenstown - Airport
- Gisborne - Airport
- Dunedin - Airport
- Hamilton - Airport
- Hokitika - Airport
- Timaru - Airport
- Taupo - Airport
- Tauranga - Airport
- Manukau - Auckland
- Auckland - North Shore
- Westport - Airport
- Auckland - East Tamaki
- Picton - Ferry Port