Choice of Hire Cars on the Gold Coast
We conveniently compare all the major companies at the Gold Coast Airport, Gold Coast city and surrounding suburbs.
Want to start comparing your Gold Coast Airport, or your Gold Coast options? Simply complete our free online quote form to access a great range of affordable rental packages from reputable suppliers located on the Gold Coast.
At Car Rental Buddy, we are all about offering our customers great car hire deals while giving all suppliers - both major and independent - a 'fair go' in presenting their cars for rent.
Give us a call now on 1300 737 400 (or +61 2 8228 1898) to find out what great Gold Coast rental deals our suppliers are offering direct to you. We are available 24 hours a day, so you can call us now to discuss your holiday or business trip transport needs.
So Much to Experience
Sun, surf, and sand is only part of what the Gold Coast has to offer. Rich in activities and things to see and do, you are sure to create a memorable holiday adventure.
1: A Surfers' Playground
2: Burleigh Heads National Park
Explore the Outdoors
The Gold Coast offers you the perfect playground for exploring the outdoors.
Pack the car, wind the windows down, and head out on an adventure that has you embracing the natural and unspoilt beauty of some of the top destinations for the region.
Burleigh Head National Park, Springbrook National Park, Lamington National Park, Tamborine National Park, and David Fleay Wildlife Park are all top choices to experience something different.
- Burleigh Head National Park Stretch your legs and take a relaxing stroll that will embrace a journey offering idyllic scenery that is a combination of land and sea. From the inviting blue waters of the ocean, you will also encompass landscapes presenting an array of flora along the Rainforest circuit. If your visit falls within winter or spring, make sure you take a moment to soak in the ocean scenery - you may be lucky enough to see a humpback whale or two!
- Lamington National Park Get active! Boasting a great selection of walking trails covering a span of 160 kilometres, a visit to the Lamington National Park is a great way to enjoy getting out and about and exploring an unspoilt world of subtropical rainforest. Soak in the amazing views while enjoying the environment of lush rainforests that include ancient trees, wildflowers, and is home to rare wildlife.
- Tamborine National Park Pack a picnic lunch and head to the Tamborine National Park where you can take a journey that will entail engaging with captivating waterfalls and amazing scenery. After spending time exploring your surrounds, take a lunch break at one of the various picnic and bbq areas. The kids will certainly be entertained with the playground facilities on offer. So no matter what your age, Tamborine National Park is the ideal destination for a family fun day out.
- Springbrook National Park Immerse yourself in the surrounds of a naturally breath-taking environment. From its unique cave waterfall of Natural Bridge, that presents an amazing daytime invitation to its night-time glow-worm spectacular, through to its vast showcase of wildlife and plants, it is sure to be a visit that offers up something different. A day out exploring a subtropical rainforest is the ideal activity to recharge the batteries.
If you desire to add some adrenline filled activities to your plans, then these are a must for your travels.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving
- Gold Coast Skydrive
- JetPack Flyboard Adventures
- Skypoint Climb
- Thunderbird Park
- Treetop Challenge
Whether it's enjoying the crisp waters of the Gold Coast beaches or the magnificent scenery of the Hinterland, the Gold Coast has something for everyone.
Adventure & Fun on the Gold Coast
Hire a car and explore the abundance of fun and adventure that the Gold Coast has to offer. You will be spoilt with choice! Make your own self-paced itinerary that includes experiencing the sun, surf, and sand of the beach coastline, go inland and explore the landscapes, or enjoy an action-packed day (or two!) indulging in a theme park adventure.
Here is our top list of various fun activities you should add to your next Gold Coast holiday itinerary.
Where to start? Dreamworld is as the name suggests - a world full of rides that one dreams about! Whether it is the thrill-seeking rides and attractions that draw you in, or the fascinating live interactive shows, there is something for the whole family to enjoy.
Our top tip is to start your day early! Here is a small selection of what Dreamworld has to offer:
- Thrill rides (tallest and fastest) such as, Tower of Terror II, The Claw, BuzzSaw, Giant Drop, Mick Doohan MotoCoaster, Wipeout, and the Cyclone Rollercoaster
- Animal attractions
- Laser Skirmish fun with the 'Alien verse Predator verse You' battle
- Water adventure with Flowrider
- Wiggles World
- Tiger Island
- Australian Wildlife Experience
Kids (and parents) will thoroughly enjoy an outing at Sea World. Engage with marine animals and be captivated by their intellect and ability to have you appreciate their unique personalities.
See polar bears, penguins, stingrays, dolphins, sharks, seals, and many more magnificent sea animals. Enjoy life shows, 3D movies, exhibits, and the opportunity to swim with dolphins, or for those that really want a heart-pumping adventure, then diving with the sharks is just for you!
Fun for the whole family, Sea World offers a great day out and is sure to be a memorable time for the kids.
Go to new heights at Adventure Parc! This adventure land offers a unique outdoor experience that focuses on fun and fitness within nature's playground. Ropes, bridges, a flying fox, and Tarzan jump create a challenging course set amongst the rainforest trees of Mount Tamborine.
Wet 'n' Wild
The best way to enjoy Queensland's sunshine! Wet 'n' Wild is an amazing water park adventure playground that allows you to soak up the warm sunshine while experiencing various water rides and slides.
Mammoth Falls, Speedcoaster, Terror Canyon, Super 8 Aqua Racer, Kamikaze, Surfrider, Buccaneer Bay, and Dive-In Movies are the top highlights with so much more on offer.
Make a day of it and don't forget to be sun safe!
Warner Bros Movie World
Lights, camera, and action... it's Hollywood on the Gold Coast! Warner Bros Movie World provides the perfect family theme park adventure by offering something for everyone!
Enjoy the daily parade of well-known Hollywood cartoon and movie heroes, take a rollercoaster ride, or watch the Hollywood Stunt Driver show that offers a truly captivating acting exhibit. Warner Bros Movie World has all the fun, adventure, glitz, and glamour that is Hollywood!
Theme Park Top Tip: Explore your ticket options for the theme parks in advance. Many offer great discount options for purchasing pre-paid passes that provide opportunities such as unlimited entry for a specified time period.
Gold Coast Popular Attractions
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Check out the great car hire and accommodation options on offer for your adventure to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
Enjoy the best of theme park fun with a trip to Dreamworld on the Gold Coast. From rides to fantastic attractions, there is so much on offer.
- Sea World
Lots of family fun can be had with a trip to Sea World on the Gold Coast. Engage in a magnificent environment of thrill rides, animal encounters, and family entertainment.
- Movie World
Enjoy the fun and excitement of 'Hollywood on the Gold Coast' with a visit to Movie World that will delight the whole family.