Indulge in the Offerings of Africa
Travel this great continent and experience a world of strength, wonder, and the chance to take on new adventures and activities. Plan a safari excursion for your travel itinerary and explore the captivating African wildlife. Hire a car and plan a self-paced road trip journey and ensure you visit many of the fantastic landmarks and attractions.
A Zebra Tribe Roaming the Open Plains
Historic Lighthouse At Cape Point
Sandstone Rock, Drakensberg Mountains
Close your eyes and imagine falling asleep to the distant sounds of Africa's wildlife. Night time provides a showcase of amazing and intriguing nocturnal animals emerging under the cover of the stars to play, eat, and undertake their own wondrous adventures. Daylight offers a magnificent visual display of animals travelling the open plains to animals making home within the gorges and deep foliage of mountainous regions.
Explore Africa and be captivated by the majestic and unspoilt locations offering the experience of seeing a vast array of wildlife in their natural and open environments. Enjoy seeing wildebeest, zebras, eland buffalo, giraffe, hippos, cheetahs, crocodiles, lions, over 400 different species of birds, chimpanzees, gorillas, rhinos, elephants, leopard, and much more. When planning your African holiday, ensure you add to your itinerary one of the following top 10 safari locations detailed in our 'Going on Safari' tab below.
Experience the Simplicity of Nature
The southern parts of Africa, known as the Cradle of Humankind, ooze culture and charm in the surrounds of indulgent landscapes abundant with natural beauty and spectacular wildlife.
Take an amazing adventure and experience a richness of magnificent wildlife on display in their natural and breath-taking landscapes and environments. Enjoy a safari and be truly captivated by an experience that will leave you in greater appreciation for the natural landscapes and offerings of Mother Nature.
Top 10 Safari Locations
- South Africa
Love the Outdoors?
When travelling to Africa, a wealth of things to do and experience can be found in every corner of this magnificent location. Here is a list of top outdoor adventure activities that are a must for all travellers to Africa:
- Mountain bike riding in the Knysna Forests
- Surfing Bruce's Beauties
- Surfing the Zambezi River
- Explore the African Wilderness while riding an elephant
- Kayaking to Cape Point
- Get your adrenaline pumping while tracking big game on horseback
- Bungee jumping from Bloukrans River Bridge
Did You Know?
- Africa is the second largest continent and consumes 22 percent of the world's total land size.
- Africa is home to four of the five fastest land animals. These include the cheetah, wildebeest, lion, and Thomson's gazelle.
- The world's smallest butterfly, the Dwarf Blue Butterfly, can be found in South Africa. Its distinct characteristic is its wingspan of only half an inch.
- In 1905, the world's largest diamond, the Cullinan, was discovered in South Africa. The diamond had a record uncut weigh of 3106.75 carats. The diamond had an interesting journey being formed into the Great Star of Africa (530.2 carats), the Lesser Star of Africa (317.40 carats), and 104 diamonds with close to flawless characteristics of colour and clarity.
Experience Culture & History
Travelling in Africa is a truly unique and breath-taking experience. Adventure can be found, not in theme parks or upmarket shopping centres, but in the simple yet captivating beauty of its natural landscapes, locations, and people. Experience a culture of infectious laughter, upbeat personalities, honesty, respect, and genuine human connections.
Africa has a vast array of places to visit that exude endless history and culture.
- Cradle of Humankind - Gauteng
Gauteng is a region that provides fascinating information regarding the origins of mankind and presents this through interesting and captivating finds. Expand your take on human evolution and take in the surround of an unspoilt region that has remained unchanged for millions of years.
- Apartheid Museum - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Illustrating the journey from oppression to democracy, the Apartheid Museum, located in Johannesburg, Gauteng, offers a truly emotional experience and presents details on the impacts of South Africa's past turmoil through a vivid and raw display of presentations and images.
- The Red Location Museum - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Located in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, the Red Location Museum offers an exhibit of local life and culture through the presentation of memory boxes that illustrates the true struggles of the community in their fight against apartheid.
- Robben Island - Cape Town
Robben Island is, in present day, is a popular location for travellers to delve into the history and to experience the true transformation of South Africa. Formerly a prison that housed Nelson Mandela, the Island is now a nature reserve and museum that offers travellers a wealth of history and information.
History surrounds you in the southern locations of Africa that include Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Comoros, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe. Take time out to understand the foundations to the amazing cultures and societies that exist in these locations. Immerse yourself in a wealth of information and engage with your surroundings and add an another experience level to your travel adventure.
Explore Northern Africa
Travel to the northern tip of Africa and immerse yourself in a world of amazing and captivating adventure and fun. Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Western Sahara, and Libya border the northern parts of Africa exude an array of outdoor adventures that are sure to impress.
Here are our top tips:
- Be drawn into history by exploring the archaeological ruins of Leptis Magna located in Libya.
- Venture to the outdoors and escape the hustle and bustle by taking a relaxing cruise down the Egyptian Nile. Encounter a visually breath-taking display of some of the world's renowned temples such as Karnak, Luxor, Edfu, and many more.
- Experience a true expedition that takes you on an adventure of intriguing wilderness and the opportunity to encounter nomads.
- Soak in the sea side atmosphere and relax on the shores of Tunisia's Mediterranean beaches. Take your adventure further by exploring the desert havens and caves of the cave dweller that provide insight into an amazing culture and environment.
Heading outdoors will offer plenty to see and do that will have you accumulating a fantastic list of memories and adventures.
See You at The Beach!
Take time out to explore the superb beaches of South Africa. Summer time awakens a sense of rejuvenation as people flock to the gorgeous beaches of the South African coastline. Here are a list of beaches that are a must-see when travelling to South Africa.
- Camps Bay
- Sea Point
- North Beach, South Beach
- Souncoast Beach
- Umhlanga Rocks
- La Lucia
- Humewood Beach
- Bluewater Bay
- Blue Horizon Bay
- Orient Beach
- Nahoon Beach
- Gonubie Beach
- Coffee Bay
Travelling Around Africa
Car hire provides you with a great level of flexibility for your travel arrangements while visiting Africa. Plan a road trip to take in the many cultural sights on offer and to explore the unspoilt beauty of this magnificent and captivating location.
Check out the list of countries below that our suppliers offer rental packages for.
- Cote D'Ivoire
- South Africa
Comparing car rentals for Africa and its individual locations is easy with Car Rental Buddy. Simply complete our free online quote form to conveniently or call us 24 hours a day on 1300 737 400 or +61 8228 1898.