Things to Do in Sydney
Are you planning on travelling to Sydney and looking for ways to make the most of your time?
Like with most holiday escapes, you want to discover new adventures and create lasting memories of your travels. If you are unsure on what is available to do, here are a few suggestions on how you can make a memorable getaway in this lively and vibrant Australian city.
- Create an Open Road AdventureWhether you are after short day trip adventures or a week long excursion comprised of pure exploration and discovery, there is so much on offer within Sydney and its surrounding coastal regions and inland destinations.
Navigate scenic roads that will present landscapes and environments that will rejuvenate your senses. The Greater Blue Mountains Drive, Myall Lakes National Park Road Trip, Northern Beaches Drive, Grand Pacific Drive, and the Legendary Pacific Coast Drive are highly recommended itineraries. Check out the 'Visit NSW' website to find out more information on these travel adventures.
Top Tip for International Visitors: Need help with understanding the Road Rules for Sydney? Check out the Transport, Roads & Maritime Services website and download the current rules.
- Explore Key Landmarks & Points of InterestLove to explore key landmarks or delve into historically rich activities? If you like to add some great destinations to your Sydney travel plans, then include the following to your list:
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Tower Eye
- The Cenotaph
- Observatory Hill
- Mrs Macquarie's Chair
- Queen Victoria Building
- Archibald Fountain
- Experience Lots of Captivating & Fun Activities
If you plan on hiring a car, then you will have the flexibility to simply get out and about and to explore. From the inviting coastal fringes to the awe-inspiring landscapes of the inland regions, your holiday adventure can embrace an abundance of varied locations and destinations.
- Family FunThe kids (and parents!) will delight in the fun adventures that can be had within the regions of Sydney. Include a few of the following to your travel plans and ensure you have your camera ready to take some happy snaps!
- Taronga Zoo
- Madame Tussauds
- Sea Life Sydney Aquarium
- Wild Life Sydney
- Koala Park Sanctuary
- Symbio Wildlife Park
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Sydney Tower Eye
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre
- Aqua Golf Penrith
- Luna Park
- The Australian National Maritime Museum
- Rocks Discovery Museum
- Hyde Park Barracks
- Beach FunIf you love to indulge in the coastal beach waters, then you will be impressed by what Sydney has to offer you - so ensure you pack your swimwear! Choose from a range of beach locations with top suggestions being Collaroy Beach, Coogee Beach, Cronulla Beach, Bondi Beach, Shelly Beach, Palm Beach, Neilsen Park, Avalon Beach, Balmoral Beach, plus many more! Check out 'sydney.com' for a full list of beach locations on offer throughout the region.
- Indulge in NatureExperience the simplicity of nature and its inspiring capabilities by enjoying a scenic and relaxing walk, stroll, or run along the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Trail, through the trails of the Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park, or along the Manly to Spit Bridge Pathway.
Your outdoor adventures can continue with a trip to the Royal National Park or Sydney Harbour Islands. If you like to make the most of your time and be adventurous then consider the activities available within the above mentioned locations such as, abseiling, biking, hiking, walking, canoeing, swimming, and so much more!
If you are booking a car rental deal as a means to have the flexibility to travel and explore, then you have a lot of options available for locations you can hire from.
With Car Rental Buddy, you can compare a range of choice suppliers for Sydney locations that include the Sydney Domestic Airport, Sydney International Airport, City, York Street, Kings Cross, Pitt Street, Central, and Artarmon. Other locations that are nearby include Blakehurst, Revesby, Campbelltown, and Milperra.
Check out the deals on offer by giving our friendly 24 hour customer care team a call on 1300 737 400 (or +61 2 8228 1898). If you prefer to find out what's available online, then complete our free online quote form and instantly compare deals with the convenience to book straight away!
Enjoy your Sydney travels and remember to always take care!